Diesel Engine - General
We’re getting there…..
Creating a new website is easy, creating a new website with loads of new content takes a huge investment of time and effort – and we’re almost there. We’ve chosen to go live with this site without all of the courses populated with the text we want as we figure its best to get it up and running rather than delaying a week or two. The courses (like this one) that are not complete will be fully live within the next week.
In the ‘Book now’ section any course dates presented are accurate so please do feel free to book a course even if the text isn’t quite there.
To discuss the course please contact Viv via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01202 686666
“To develop a basic understanding of maintaining and fault finding on diesel engines.”
1 day – The course runs from 9am to approximately 5pm
Diesel Engine - The Course
If you run a diesel then a day on this course is a ‘must have’. From the basics of maintenance to fault diagnosis this course gives the basic confidence & knowledge to keep your engine going and get it going when the need arises. Subjects covered:
- Introduction. History and development of the Internal Combustion Engine in general.
- Types of engines. Spark Ignition ( petrol) and Compression Ignition Engines (diesel)
- Basic Principals. Main components, types of movement, construction and cycles.
- Essential Systems. Oil lubrication, Fuel, Air and Cooling systems.
- Electrical System. Basic electrical system components.
- Basic Checks & Maintenance. Including the importance of ‘winterisation’ and servicing.
- Spares and Tools. What to take with you onboard your vessel dependant on the extent of your cruising range.
Diesel Engine - Book Now
Thank you for your interest in this course.
Hopefully any dates that we have scheduled work well with your availability. If the dates don't quite work then we are always keen to be as flexible as possible to help accommodate your availability - just contact us and we’ll see what we can do.
We're always really keen to chat to you when you’re booking a course as whilst we are happy to take bookings through this system for your convenience - nothing beats chatting about boats and courses!
Don't forget too that if you are an individual or company/organisation booking a few people onto courses then we may be able to schedule dates around you. Equally, for bookings some time in the future we can usually juggle our course dates if what we have scheduled doesn’t quite work for you.
When you make a booking on this system please remember that is subject to confirmation and you will receive confirmation from us at the latest the next business day. You will not be charged until we send the confirmation.
|Location||Number of places|
|No courses scheduled this month.|